Cleaning stickers and other adhesives from your car windows can be a real nuisance. The sticker just doesn’t seem to budge, no matter how hard you try to take it off, there’s always some sticky residue that remains behind on the glass. This is not only incredibly frustrating, but it can also be an unsightly view. Stubborn pieces of adhesive will dry and harden on glass windows, which is why it is so difficult to clean it off. Your view out the window is compromised, which can be a serious problem, especially if it’s on the windscreen!
Methods to Clean Stickers
There are many different cleaning methods when it comes to removing stickers and other adhesives from car windows. You can try picking at it with your finger nails if it’s only a small sticker with not much adhesive strength. If the sticker is more stubborn than that, most people will try to detach it using hot soap and water. This may work, but it will take a lot of elbow grease and rubbing to make any sort of impact. Your best option is to use a safe glue remover to tackle the problem right at its very core.
Cleaning Adhesives with Multisolve
Our very own glue remover is called Multisolve. It is used to remove a huge range of adhesives, including stickers, sealants, silicone, wax, oil, grease and tar. If you find that you have a strong sticker or even glue residue on your car windows that doesn’t want to come off, you need something strong and effective that will not damage the glass. Multisolve is a unique formula that detaches adhesives from the base material without etching into the surface of the glass. After leaving it to work into the sticker, you will be able to quickly and effortlessly pry the sticker from your car window without any strain. If any sticky residue remains, take a damp cloth and wipe it away.
Benefits of Using Multisolve
- Multisolve is an economical solvent that is both the cheapest and safest cleaning solution available in the market.
- You can use Multisolve on painted surfaces without it effecting your paintwork. In fact, it is often referred to by professionals as the “number one preliminary paint and adhesive treatment.”
- Prepares base material for new applications. If you need to apply new sealants, such as C-TEC’s CT1, then Multisolve cleans the area and prepares it for application. It’s also a great way to achieve a smooth and polished finish after all of your hard work!
- Multisolve can be used on glass surfaces, plastics, rubber and vinyl.
- It is one of the most fast-acting and fast-drying glue removers available, which means you save a lot of labour time!