Sticking wood to glass is made easy thanks to CT1, the world’s best sealant and construction adhesive. Many people struggle with the application of bonding wood and glass. This is due to a variety of reasons. Wood is a very porous material, which means it’s absorbent. The idea of sticking it to a slippery surface like glass may seem unlikely, but thankfully, CT1 completed this application with minimal effort.
About Wood and Glass
It’s important to have a clear understanding of the materials in use. Wood and glass are like opposites in a lot of ways. Wood is both a porous and fibrous material. It has been used for thousands of years as a construction material and for making things like furniture, paper and even weapons and fuel. Glass, on the other hand, is a non-crystalline amorphous solid that is most often used for decorative and technological purposes. It transmits, reflects and refracts light, which makes it the perfect material to use as window panes. However, finding a strong adhesive to bond glass to wood can be seriously difficult.
Wood and Glass Adhesives
Most construction adhesives have a foul smell that requires most people to leave the room. However, CT1 is 100% odourless and it will not absorb into the wood, which is definitely a necessary trait when it comes to finding the perfect adhesive to stick wood and glass together.
CT1 provides a unique adhesion to virtually any material. In addition to bonding wood and glass, it can also form a strong bond between other materials including metal, mirrors and polystyrene. If you need to stick wood to glass in the home or at work, CT1 is your answer. Simply point the nozzle to the area where you need to bond the two materials together and pump however much you need onto the material. CT1 will form a sturdy attachment between wood and glass that has the power to last an eternity. One of the biggest advantages of using CT1 to stick glass and wood is the fact that there will be no need for any additional fixings. Once the bond has been created, you will never have to worry about re-visiting the same task twice.
- CT1 prevents fungal growth and is mould resistant. This makes it ideal for use in damp conditions such as bathrooms and swimming pools etc.
- It has an excellent chemical resistance and its also UV resistant. This means it can withstand high temperatures without losing the strength of its bond.
- Vibration resistance and strong movement tolerance.
- CT1 conforms to ISEGA standards. It has the green light to be used in locations where food is stored, prepared and consumed.
- One of CT1’s main advantages is the fact that is totally water resistant and it can work in both wet and dry conditions, making it ideal for emergency repairs and boating maintenance.